Rosemount Viaduct, Aberdeen
His Majesty’s Theatre is one of only two so named in the world. It’s an opulent, awe-inspiring Frank Matcham designed theatre, a national treasure, with a breathtaking auditorium described by Billy Connolly as “like playing a gig inside a wedding cake!”
On stage at HMT we bring Broadway and the West End to the North-east with award winning musical theatre - Wicked, Jersey Boys, Dirty Dancing, internationally renowned contemporary dance - Mark Morris Dance Group, Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures, Jasmin Vardimon, acclaimed stage plays like the National’s One Man Two Guvnors and To Kill a Mocking Bird, direct from the West End. It’s the perfect family night out with shows like Shrek, Sing-A-Long-A-Frozen, Slava’s Snow Show and our legendary Panto. And we are proud to be Scottish Ballet and Scottish Opera’s home in the North-east.
- HMT has a total capacity of 1, 491 across four levels
- We have bespoke rehearsal studio space
- We have our own restaurant 1906 where you can enjoy lunch or a pre-theatre supper
- Over the years HMT has seen performances from luminaries such as Charlton Heston, Sir Ian McKellan, Sean Connery, Erroll Flynn, Noel Coward, Alec Guinness, Vivien Leigh and rock legend Brian May
- The theatre has its own resident ghost. Jake is thought to roam the corridors of the theatre and was said to be a stage hand that died in an accident in the backstage area
Give the ultimate treat and now
Address: His Majesty's Theatre, Rosemount Viaduct, Aberdeen, AB25 1GL
HMT is open from 9.30am - 6pm Monday to Saturday. The box office at HMT closes at 5pm on days where there is no performance and closing times on the day of a show will vary depending on show times. The theatre is also open on Sundays during December for Panto.
At HMT we believe everyone should enjoy our shows with accessibility given a high priority.
our indepth access guide for our venues
- Street level entry with a drop off point in front of the theatre
- Disabled parking available on Union Terrace in front of Pavarotti’s restaurant and Schoolhill outside the Art Gallery
- 11 wheelchair spaces in the auditorium (8 in the stalls, 2 in the dress circle and 1 in the upper circle)
- For stalls access for those with limited mobility, a bell is available on the door in Donald’s Way 30 minutes prior to and until 5 minutes before the show starts.
- Transferable seats for those in wheelchairs who wish to sit in a theatre seat
- Access to the stalls, dress circle, upper circle, bars and 1906 restaurant via a lift
- Accessible toilets are available throughout the theatre
- Guide dogs welcome
- Signed and subtitled shows available
Please inform box office staff if you require a wheelchair space or transferable seat when purchasing tickets. If you have any queries on accessibility at HMT please contact 0845 270 8200 or our indepth access guide for our venues
Download our to make your visit as enjoyable as possible