UK Architecture schools
This 12-month post-professional programme explores the frontiers of advanced architecture and design, with an emphasis on the latest technological advances, particularly computation and robotics.
Why choose The Bartlett
- one of the most influential, exciting and innovative architecture schools in the world
- located within the UK’s largest multidisciplinary faculty of the built environment, in one of the world’s top universities
- the UK’s highest-rated department for architectural research (REF 2008, 2014), and ranked the best British school of architecture by AJ100 for 13 consecutive years
- based in central London, close to world-leading architectural, engineering and creative practices, many of whom are partners
- host to students from over 40 nations, many of them among the most sought-after in the world for their drive, creativity, and skills
- the school where students have won a total of 6 Bronze, 3 Dissertation, and 10 Silver RIBA Presidents medals
About the course
On this course you will
- gain an understanding of the role computation plays in complex design synthesis
- work with an international body of experts and students
- be introduced to highly advanced coding, fabrication and robotic skills, and the latest approaches to AI, CNC fabrication, 3D printing, supercomputing, simulation and interactivity
- have access to B-made, one of the most advanced fabrication workshops in Europe
- have the chance to choose your own field of enquiry from three ‘Labs’: Wonderlab led by Alisa Andrasek, BiotA Lab led by Professor Marcos Cruz and Richard Beckett, and the Interactive Architecture Lab led by Ruairi Glynn
Who should apply
We’re looking for recent graduates in architecture, as well as design professionals, who want to be part of a more speculative design environment.
You’ll need at least a second-class BA or BSc from a UK university, or an overseas equivalent, or a relevant degree of a lower classification plus extensive professional experience at a senior level. Once we’ve received your application, you’ll be asked to submit a portfolio of your design work.
B-Pro Deputy Director: Andrew Porter Architectural Design Programme Leader: Alisa Andrasek
Graduates from The Bartlett’s MArch Architectural Design programme in demand at top architecture practices across the world.
B-Pro is the School of Architecture’s incubator for new and emerging professional practice, and the overarching structure for its MArch Architectural Design and MArch Urban Design post-professional programmes.
Attracting high-calibre staff from all over the world and led by Chair of School Professor Frédéric Migayrou, B-Pro includes a number of research ‘Labs’ dedicated to advanced experimentation in architectural and urban theory.
B-Pro Director: Professor Frédéric Migayrou
B-Pro Deputy Director: Andrew Porter
MArch AD Programme Leader: Alisa Andrasek
MArch UD Programme Leader: Mark Smout
B-Pro & Programmes Administrator: Tom Mole
The MArch Architectural Design programme offers a number of research-focused Labs, all of which allow students to pursue a rigorous approach to architecture within a highly speculative and creative context.
Alisa Andrasek: Wonderlab’s main area of expertise is in innovating new computational territories for applications in design and fabrication processes ...
Marcos Cruz: BiotA is a new and innovative design research lab that merges architecture, biology and engineering ...
|Interactive Architecture Lab
Ruairi Glynn: The Interactive Architecture Lab is a multi-disciplinary research group interested in the behaviour and interaction of things, environments and their inhabitants ...
The MArch Architectural Design programme offers a number of research-focused clusters, all of which allow students to pursue a rigorous approach to architecture within a highly speculative and creative context.
Alisa Andrasek, Daghan Cam, Andy Lomas: High volumes of computing (via GPU run supercomputing), computational physics simulations, discretized and adaptive algorithms such as Multi-Agent ...
Ruairi Glynn, Vincent Hughe: The Interactive Architecture Lab is a multi-disciplinary research cluster interested in the Behaviour and Interaction of Things, Environments and their Inhabitants ...
Gilles Retsin, Manuel Jimenez: The prevailing paradigm for computation in the past two decades, which understood architecture as a continuously evolving organic body, growing and adapting under ...
Guan Lee, Vicente Soler: BiotA Lab is an innovative research laboratory that explores new modes of digital design and simulation in architecture .
Daniel Widrig, Igor Pantic, Soomeen Hahm, Stefan Bassing - RC6 continues to explore hybridised design and fabrication models, in which tactile interaction with materials and form initiates and drives all research ...
Marcos Cruz, Richard Beckett, Chris Leung, Javier Ruiz: BiotA Lab is an innovative research laboratory that explores new modes of digital design and simulation in architecture ...