Laura Nadelberg, President
Thomas Couser, Vice President
Katie Scanlon, Secretary
Deborah Donovan, Treasurer
Martin T. Olsen, Jr.
Mark G. Roberts
Constance Kristofik, Executive Director
Tina DuBosque, Bookkeeper
Barbara Fay, Archivist
What We Do
We are actively working to preserve New London’s historic resources through educational programs, house tours, collaborations with New London Main Street, also a National Trust program, and other historic organizations in the city.
- Advocates for the preservation and maintenance of New London’s historic and cultural resources.
- Advocates for the concept: “Preservation IS Economic Development.”
- Researches New London’s architectural treasures and history.
- Maintains and expands informational files on homes and buildings.
- Plans educational programs and tours relating to New London’s history and architecture.
- Works to preserve New London’s historic resources through house tours and collaborations with New London Main Street and other historic organizations in the city.
How We Do It
Advocacy for the preservation and protection of New London’s historic architecture is the primary mission for New London Landmarks (NLL).
Educational projects to accomplish this mission include . . .
- 3rd and 4th grade curriculum for New London schools includes detailed history of the City, its founders and architecture, classroom projects, short walking tours and a “Architectural Treasure Hunt” on historic Starr Street.
- Historic Guide Books to State Street, Bank Street and the Hempstead Street Historic Neighborhood. Available to the public at the Visitor Information Center.
- Walking Tours at various times during the year with an emphasis on May as Historic Preservation Month.
- House Tours to selected neighborhoods.
- Historic Plaque Program: Owners of homes 50 years and older can apply for an historic “whale plaque.”
- Researchers review files in the Clerk’s office to confirm the date of construction and list all owners.
- The Preservationist, the NLL newsletter, is published three times per year.
- PowerPoint presentations, A Whole New View of New London: The Good...The Bad…&...The Ugly:
East New London & Winthrop Cove
Historic Bank Street
Coit Street & Bream Cove